In the "Welcome" post, I told you all that Royalty Mindset would be a place for me to open up and break down my own barriers. Well, I am up and burning the midnight oil just to open up to you. I find myself living in complete chaos at the moment. Because of transformation happening all around me, my feet are no longer on the ground. The world around me is in continuous motion as my mind fails to keep up. Whew, it is pretty rough right now. However, I am learning throughout every bit of it. Throughout this journey, I have learned a lot! I will share with you some of the top things that I have learned and I hope that you will be able to relate! I pray that I am transparent in this post in order to give you a clear understanding.
1. Give your problems to GOD! Through the natural eye, my obstacles seem so large! But the God that I serve, is bigger than any trial on my pathway!!
2. Surround yourself with likeminded people! I was watching Oprah's Life Class with Bishop T.D. Jakes (I watch that episode often... so many good points.) and at one point he said, "You need to be with people that have your rhythm!" PAUSE!! Ya'll not hearing...errr reading... this right!! Be with people that have your rhythm!! Surround yourself with the people that will understand the way you think because they also think that way. I have learned that I need people around me that aren't afraid to be optimistic! I am the type of person that will call you to let you know that I am down the street from your house and is coming to pick you up and when I do, I need you to be ready to roll! You get me? Okay, stick with me!
3. Make sure to have WISE people in your circle! Sometimes "bestie" just doesn't have the advice that I am needing that day. I always feel that some of the best advice comes from those that have already made it over the very same obstacle that I am facing. We are so good at coming up with some dismissive gesture when we hear our parents saying how they have been there and done that. Blah... blah... blah!! But LISTEN to them!! We tend to think that they will never understand the things we go through. Honey, the world has not changed that much. Little Susie was stabbing people in the back way back in their day and Little Johnny was breaking hearts just like he is now. So, don't be so quick to dismiss their advice. They know a little bit about what's going on. I've learned that it is very helpful to have mentors!! I have four of them. I consider these few to be my very own council Have mentors that are bold and full of wisdom! I love my "council" because they will spit out some things in such a raw way, but every word they say will be wise and true.
4. Learn to be discreet! Not everyone you meet needs to know everything about you!! You have to know who you are able to tell what to. Not all of your information needs to be shared with all of your friends. I've made those mistakes!! For instance, I had a class last semester with one girl that could probably tell you my life story because we just that close at one point, but I will say that for an entire semester we sat in a class together everyday and never exchanged one word. That's just how life goes. I really am not one to live with regrets, but there are some things that I wish I would have kept to myself.
5. It is okay to cry. I have recently discovered that I am a very emotional person. I will cry for almost anything. It's actually kind of annoying. I have always considered crying to be a sign of weakness. But eventually I learned that crying is okay. It's okay as long as you pick yourself back up! Cry in the car, but once you make it to your destination pull yourself together. Cry yourself to sleep if you please, but wake up refreshed and ready to make the best of your day. It's okay to be down, just don't stay down!!
6. Be strong! I pray everyday that God strengthens me! No matter what may be going on, I can never be caught without a smile on my face. Don't yall know that people love to see you down? Don't give them that satisfaction!! We all go through hard times, they are inevitable. We have to remain strong. Allow your strength to carry you throughout everyday. When times are rough for me, I have to remember to be strong. I have to keep in mind that better days are ahead and if I give up now I'll never see those days. Just keep pushing!
That's a little of what I've learned so far in this life. The list could go on, but I'll stop here. I hope that this was a little help to you. I've enjoyed opening up a little bit. I'm really trying not to be so guarded! I see I still have some work to do. Continue to follow the blog! Also remember to keep in touch with me! Add me on Facebook! Follow my Instagram and Twitter: @Queen_Majah! Also sign up for our #RoyaltyMindset mailing list to receive notifications every time a new post is available. Just send an email to email@example.com with "Mailing List" in the subject bar!! Also leave comments! I love to hear from you guys!! Tell a friend. Share it. Shout it out. Anddddd remember, STAY GOLDEN!